Aspire Gala 2014
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation hosted its 10th Annual Aspire Gala on February 21, 2014 at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott. The event honored leaders from the fields of sports, entertainment, and business. This year’s Aspire Gala continued a tradition of honoring those who are truly making a difference in the lives of others.
Special guests of honor included: Baseball Hall of Famer and beloved Oriole first baseman, Eddie Murray, longtime winning head basketball coach, Bob Hurley, and Japan’s very own Iron Man, Sachio Kinugasa. All proceeds from the event go directly to benefit the work of the Foundation and the children we serve.
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded by the Ripken family in 2001 in memory of Cal Ripken, Sr. to carry on his legacy of using baseball as a hook to teach critical life lessons to disadvantaged youth. The Foundation teaches kids the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle and making smart, productive decisions both on the playing field and in everyday life. Through active community partnerships with hundreds of youth-serving organizations, thousands of underserved youth benefit each year from the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation in the most challenged communities across the country.
Please contact Carrie LeBow, Vice President, Resource Development, at email@example.com to discuss sponsorship opportunities for next year’s Aspire Gala on Friday, February 13, 2015.
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is grateful to all our 2014 sponsors and friends for their dedicated support. Thank you for helping us raise more than $2.3 million for our programs to benefit at-risk youth.
Hall of Fame Society
• Pat & Jay Baker Foundation
• Fields, Inc.
• Major League Baseball
• The McNaughton Foundation
• Shaw Sports Turf
• Kelly & Associates Insurance Group, KTBSPayroll, & KELLYExchange
• Kohl’s Department Stores
• Lewis Contractors
• Southwest Airlines
• Allegis Group Foundation
• Eugene Freedman Family Foundation
• Geier Asset Management, Inc.
• The Kellogg Family Foundation
• McCormick & Company, Inc.
• Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
• Stephanie Ribera
• RTR International Inc. and The Todd & Karen Family Foundation
• Sea Research Foundation
• Total Wine & More
• V&S Foundation
• The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
• Windsor Electric Co., Inc.
• AXIOS Napa Valley & Kalaris Family Vineyards
• Baltimore Ravens
• Batoff Associates, P.A.
• CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
• John and Patricia Cochran
• Creative Artist Agency
• DEX Imaging
• Fidelity National Title Group / Chicago Title
• Terry and Christine Flynn
• Jim and Pam Hall
• Horseshoe Casino
• The Bob Lucido Team
• Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s
• New Day USA
• Elaine and Roger Ralph
• Bruce Rockowitz
• Rifkin, Livingston, Levitan & Silver, LLC
• Ripken Baseball, Inc.
• SC&H Group, LLC
• Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler, P.A. and Shapiro Negotiations Institute
• T. Rowe Price
• University of Maryland Medical System
• VF Corporation
• Alan Fleischmann and Dafna Tapiero
• Powers Global Strategies, LLC
• The Bradley Company
• Buckingham Capital Management
• The Doneger Group
• The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
• Genesta Keys
• Murray Family Charitable Foundation
• Vaughn & Audrey Pengally
• RBC Wealth Management
• Peter Sommerhauser
• Carl and Patricia Truscott
• Alison and Donald Weiss
Baseball Hall of Famer and beloved Oriole first baseman, Eddie Murray
Longtime winning head basketball coach, Bob Hurley
Japan's very own Iron Man, Sachio Kinugasa